Start has been postponed til Saturday

Attention all hands!

The decision has been made. The starts are being postponed until 1000 Saturday. The expected wind velocities and sea state in the eastern end of the courses over Friday night into the early hours of Saturday morning are not very pretty. By 0800 Saturday morning, the storm is expected to be over Nova Scotia and the seas will have subsided.

At this time, we expect to run all 3 courses, but that decision will have to wait until we have a better handle on conditions. The reception and awards for the event have been moved to Monday at 1800. We know this may be an inconvenience for some, but we believe this to be the prudent and sensible thing to do.

Thank you for your patience and suggestions. Sail fast and sail safe!

The 2010 Vineyard race Committee

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: